How to validate coding and links in Dreamweaver
So I don’t know about you all, but I’ve uploaded my site (or previewed it in a browser) and had links not work and seen the general layout completely different from what I intended. An easy way to fix this is to check all your coding in Dreamweaver before you upload anything online. Instead of reading lines of code line by line, do the following:
1. Open your site in Dreamweaver
2. Go to File > Validate
3. You have two options here, you can validate XML or “Markup.” Its my guess that you’ll want markup, which includes all coding, not just XML.
4. A box will open on the bottom of the screen with all problems (tags not closed, etc.) Dreamweaver will also tell you if its defaulted and validated the code anyway, even if it isn’t completely correct. Your screen will look like this:
If you double-click on each line, it will highlight the code which is wrong right in the screen above.
You can check broken links in a similar way.
1. Go to File > Check Page > Links
2. A box will open just like if you were validating code on the bottom of the screen.
3. Click on each line to fix, by double clicking Dreamweaver will allow you to fix the link right in the box without going back into the html or css document.