Renting Video Equipment From Pitt

If you find your video equipment broken or sub-par, you can rent camcorders from Pitt. The Center for Instructional Development and Distance Education (CIDDE) has a department called Instructional Media Services. They rental all sorts of equipment such projectors, DVD and VHS players, and camcorders.

The two camcorders available are the Panasonic AG-188 Pro Line VHS Camcorder and a Panasonic PV-DV 400 Mini DV Camcorder. I would suggest renting the Mini DV camcorder. I don’t even know whereVHS tapes are still sold; you can find Mini DVs at Rite-Aid. The PV-DV 400 also has a Firewire input/output which will allow you to upload video to the Macs in the campus computer labs. Apple branded the Firewire port, so I’m pretty sure you won’t find them in any PCs.

To rent equipment, call 412 648-7236. The Instructional Media Services in located in B-10 Alumni Hall. According to their website, you’ll have to undergo training before you’re allowed to use their equipment. You can find the equipment list here.

-Sarah Vinski


~ by Sarah on March 3, 2010.

%d bloggers like this: