How to Skype
As a lot of us have seen this week, trying to coordinate the schedule of multiple group members can be a difficult task. One option available (if approved by Prof. Bianco) is to use Skype as a means of real-time communication with your team members. Below is how to set up a Skype meeting with your group.
1. Go to the site, http://www.skype.com and set up an account
2. Download and install Skype – the instructions provided will walk you through the process.
3. There are many options to choose from, from free to subscription rates. For our purposes, the free skype-to-skype option makes the most sense.
4. Provided that the other members of your group have also created a Skype account, all you need to do is add their contact information.
5. You have the option of either a voice only call or video call. Both options are free for Skype members.
6. Additional support is available on the site through very simple tutorials.
by: Catherine Gazzo