How to Embed a Twitter Widget in your Website
*Cue game show music* Would you like your website viewers to see your tweets in real time without navigating to Twitter’s website? Then you’re in luck, because embedding a Twitter widget in your website is easy!
In fact, it may be so easy that a how-to post is completely unnecessary. So let this, at the very least, serve to notify you that this is a fun feature you can incorporate into your website design.
This widget will only work if you have your tweets are unprotected. If they are not, go change that.
- Navigate to Twitter’s widgets page.
- Select “Widgets for…” > “My Website.”
- Select “Profile Widget.”
- Your user name should be entered automatically in “Settings.” If it is not, your profile privacy is set to “protect my tweets.” Go change that.
- Click “Preferences.” Decide how many tweets you wish to display and whether you would like a scrollbar in your widget.
- Test your settings using the button at the bottom of the page to see if you like the result.
- Click “Appearance.” Choose your widget colors and click “test your settings” to see the result.
- Click “Dimensions” and decide how big you would like your widget to be. Test your settings.
- When you are happy with your results, click the “Finish & Grab Code” button.
- Put your cursor in the text box. The script will automatically be selected.
- Paste your script in the HTML file for your website and save your update.
Enjoy your new Twitter widget!