Graffiti Text!

Do you want your text to look really cool?? Well, here is a way to spice it up.

First, you start with a picture in photoshop and place text with the correct size, color, and position on to the photo. Next, go to the layers panel and right click on the text layer select “rasterize type”. After you select that you will no longer be able to make changes to the text. The new layer should look like this,

Rasterized textSee how the text layer now looks like it has a checkerboard behind it? That is exactly what you want.

Now, go to the erase tool and select a brush near the bottom of the drop down selection that has lots of dots. The one that I selected is number 39. You have to make the pixels really large and click on the text on your photo. Just keep clicking on the text with the eraser and eventually once you get the style you want it will look faded or washed out. The end product will look like this:ShoesSee how the text has little dots that show the picture through it?  If you use the right eraser combinations you can make text look like graffiti!

Thanks for reading!

~Jacquelyn Fisher

~ by jmf147 on October 8, 2012.

%d bloggers like this: