Using Garage Band to Create a Basic Beat
Say you want a small drum sample for a sound file, but don’t have the artistic talent to play actual drums or the option of buying the rights to someone established work. You can follow the process below to create your own drum beat:
1. Start up GarageBand, and when prompted select “Start a New Project”. The program will now prompt you to choose a tempo, time, and key. These options can be changed at a later date
2. Go to “edit” and select “add a new track”, and then select an instrument.
3. Click record and “play” the instrument using the keyboard controls. A metronome will help you keep time as you progress through the track.
4. By clicking the eye, you can add prerecorded loops to your track. You can now add multiple copies of the same or different loops to any section of the track at will.
5. When you are finished, export the full track as an mp3